Vitamin D is a group of fat-soluble secosteroids responsible for increasing intestinal absorption of calcium, magnesium, and phosphate, and multiple other biological effects. There are effective ways that we can increase Vitamin-D naturally. Scientist says vitamin-D help to prevent COVID-19. We can boost Vitamin D in many effective ways naturally.
Vitamin-D insufficiency leads to secondary hyperparathyroidism that causes increased bone loss, osteopenia, osteomalacia, osteoporosis, and increased fracture risk. A severe vitamin deficiency can cause myopathy, which can cause muscle weakness and pain.
Vitamin D can observed from:
- Takes kinds of seafood: Seafood contains naturally-occurring vitamin D. Generally, cold-water fish, such as salmon, have more vitamin D than warm-water fish.
- Cod liver oil: Cod liver oil is a dietary supplement derived from the liver of codfish. Cod liver oil is the oil extracted from the livers of Atlantic cod. It is commonly taken as a dietary supplement and is packed full of nutrients. It is one of the best sources of omega-three fatty acids (EPA and DHA), and it contains relatively high amounts of vitamin.
- egg yolk: While most of the protein in an egg found in the white, the fat, vitamins, and minerals are found mostly in the yolk. One typical egg yolk contains 37 IU of vitamin.
- fortified foods: Fortified foods meant to help boost vitamin and mineral intake. They designed to add nutrients that don’t naturally occur in the product. For instance, most milks fortified with vitamin-D.
- Sun is the best source of Vitamin D: When your skin exposed to sunlight, it makes vitamin-D from cholesterol. The sun’s ultraviolet B (UVB) rays hit cholesterol in the skin cells, providing the energy for vitamin-D synthesis to occur.
- cereals: vitamin-D content includes Coco Pops Original, Rice Krispies (Original), Frosties, Corn Flakes, Crunchy Nut, Cornflakes, Special K Original.
- Mushrooms: The most vitamin-D was found in shiitake dried with gills up that were exposed to sunlight for two days, six hours per day. The vitamin-D levels in these mushrooms soared from 100 IU/100 grams to nearly 46,000 IU/100 grams (see chart). Their stems, though, produced petite vitamin D, only about 900 IU.
- Exercise: Regular exercise assists with the production of vitamin-D.
- vitamin D can be obtained naturally from Orange juice.
- Canned tuna: Many people enjoy canned tuna because of its flavor and natural storage methods. It’s also usually cheaper than buying fresh fish. Canned light tuna packs up to 268 IU of vitamin D in a 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving, which is 34% of the DV.
Eating plenty of these vitamin-D rich foods is a great way to make sure you get enough of this vital nutrient. Vitamin-D is essential for bones, muscles, and overall health. Although vitamin-D plays a significant role in skeletal health, its benefits go well beyond bone health to all parts of the body. To know five ways that you can gain Vitamin-D naturally click here.