Life Lessons from Keanu Reeves
Hollywood’s most generous actor and the John wick movie actor Keanu Reeves turns 56 today. He was born in Beirut, Lebanon, and was raised in Toronto, Canada. Keanu Reeves began his acting career at the age of nine and Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure was the first movie to bring him major recognition. However, playing hero Neo in sci-fi extravaganza The Matrix, made him an internationally recognized superstar.
Across his life, he experienced hardships and struggles to make his own position in the hollywood. Apart from his vast film career he’s known for the generosity and kindness which are a few of his great personality traits. His father left him when he was a child and his mother when he was only 2 years old and was later imprisoned for selling drugs. In 1999, Keanu’s longtime girlfriend Jennifer Syme, gave birth to a baby girl, and after 18 months she also died in a car crash. Remarkably, all these tragedies couldn’t stop him from becoming the awesome person that he is today. His life was technically filled with every possible tragedy a human can ever encounter in their life.
Collating with other Hollywood celebrities and divas, Keanu Reeves lives in a quiet and calm way of life and didn’t even own a house until 2003. His interview clip regarding the life after murder went viral a few months ago. These are the few life changing quotes by Keanu Reeves during the brawl with life.
- “If you have been brutally broken but still have the courage to be gentle to other living beings, then you’re a badass with a heart of an angel”.
- “Money doesn’t mean anything to me. I’ve made a lot of money, but I want to enjoy life and not stress myself building my bank account. I give lots away and live simply, mostly out of a suitcase in hotels. We all know that good health is much more important.”
- “Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you stronger”.
- “When you truly understand karma then you realize you are responsible for everything in your life. It is incredibly empowering to know that your future is in your hands”.
- I cried over beauty, I cried over pain, and the other time I cried because I felt nothing. I can’t help it. I’m just a cliché of myself.
- “Sometimes enemies are our best teachers, people can learn from their mistakes, destruction sometimes means rebirth.”