WhatsApp Web is a browser version of the popular WhatsApp Messenger chat and video/voice calling app that we all know from iOS and Android. Whatsapp web version still doesn’t offer video calling through PC; we can learn how to make video calls through PC.
Desktop WhatsApp comes in two tastes a downloadable system app for Mac and Windows or the ability to operate directly from the browser. Whatsapp web is entirely safe, and you can use it for messaging without any confusion. It works only if your mobile phone connected with it by scanning the QR code. If your mobile phone is not connected or doesn’t have an active internet connection, Whatsapp web won’t work.
Watch: Steps to Install Whatsapp in PCs
Whatsapp web dark mode
Enable dark mode, which was developed by Whatsapp whenever you open the WhatsApp Web or use the app which received the support for dark mode earlier this year. WhatsApp was officially made available for PCs through a web client, under the name WhatsApp Web.
In late January 2015, through an announcement made by Koum on his Facebook page: “Our web client is simply an extension of your phone, the web browser mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device. It means all of your messages still live on your phone”.
The WhatsApp user’s handset must still connect to the Internet for the browser application to function. All major desktop browsers supported except for Internet Explorer. WhatsApp Web’s user interface based on the default Android one. Unlike mobile, however, WhatsApp can be used on a computer in two different ways: WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp desktop. WhatsApp Desktop is a standalone app that you can install on your Windows or Mac.
Summarily, WhatsApp Web is a browser-based version of WhatsApp, while WhatsApp Desktop is the WhatsApp app for computers.
Issues with WhatsApp Web and it is not downloading the media files, then here are some things that you can try to fix this issue. If your Internet is working fine, but you’re not able to download the files through WhatsApp Web, then you should restart your browser, and if that doesn’t work, restart your PC and try again.
Sometimes an ad blocker extension may be the culprit behind why WhatsApp Web is not downloading files. If you are using an ad blocker, then you should turn it off and try again. If the issue resolved, then whitelist web.whatsapp.com from the ad blocker’s settings. By clearing such matters, we can download files. The desktop version works in the same manner as the mobile version.
One can send, receive texts, send voice chats, view the status of their contacts. To use WhatsApp on their phones, the users need to scan a QR code on the desktop to log in. After browsing, they will eventually redirect to WhatsApp on their desktop or PC.
However, there may be times when the user may have lost his/ her phone, or their mobile camera might destroy due to which they might be unable to scan the QR code and login to their WhatsApp on their desktop.
- Go to download Blue Stacks on the web
- Install Blue Stacks on your PC by clicking the download button.
- Open Bluestacks app store After downloading, open Blue stacks app store
- search WhastApp on the search menu.
- Click on the download button.
- Phone number verification.
- Now you will be asked to fill in your phone number, which you want to use for auditing.
- WhatsApp installed.
- Enter the phone number you wish to use in your PC,
- WhatsApp will successfully install without scanning the QR code.
- Add contacts.
- You can add contacts with whom you want to chat by pressing the menu button and clicking on manage contacts as the number you will use on your desktop will be different from the one you use on your phone.
It would be best if you kept this in mind that you cannot use the same number on your phone as well this app. The phone number needs to be different in both places. But if you are a person who wishes to use WhatsApp on the desktop and not on mobile, then it is useful for you.
Whatsapp web version still doesn’t offer video calling through PC, but you can install Android emulators like “YouWave,” “BlueStacks,” etc. and run Whatsapp in the emulator and make video calls. Make sure to allow the emulator to use your laptop’s webcam and mic.
Steps to use video call
- Download BlueStacks by https://www.bluestacks.com/download.html
- Now you will be asked to fill in your phone number, which you want to use for verification.
- Enter the phone number you want to use in your PC, and WhatsApp will successfully install.
- Now select the contact that you need to Video chat
- On the right top corner can see video symbol
- Click the symbol and start video calling.
By installing Bluestack on desktop, you can use Whatsapp as in mobile. WhatsApp Web is easy to set up on any of these devices, and the good thing is that you can use WhatsApp Web without a phone.
In a nutshell, WhatsApp Web online is a mirror of its mobile counterpart. WhatsApp Web requires you to have your iPhone or Android phone near your computer to use.