Kit Harington is an English actor and producer born in Acton, Greater London. Harington studied at the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama. While still at drama school, he made his professional acting debut with the lead role of Albert Narracott in the critically acclaimed West End play War Horse at the National Theatre.
In 2011, Harington rose to prominence for his breakthrough role as Jon Snow in the HBO fantasy television series Game of Thrones, which brought him international recognition and several accolades, including a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor. Television Series Drama and two Prime-time Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series in 2016 and Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 2019.
Watch: Kit Harington family connection
He claims a family connection with the leader of the plot, Robert Catesby, on his mother’s side, while through his father’s side, he is related to King James I (grandfather of King Charles II), the target of the assassination attempt, and to Lord Harington, who was in the Houses of Parliament that Catesby and his co-conspirators tried to blow up. His son John Harington saw at the age of 13 the displayed head of Catesby after his execution and later commented on it.
Kit Harington unknown facts
- Kit Harington love: Kit Harington lover of Harry Potter series and he like to play the role of Sirius. “Severus Snape is the most tragic, wonderful, brilliant. He’s a character you hate, and then end up loving. He’s just phenomenal. I don’t think I’m right for him, so I’ll play Sirius. But, whoever gets to play Snape, that’s a great character”, he claims in one interview.
- Harington’s 24: “Game of Thrones” the show debuted when he was 24 after he had attended drama school in London.Kit Harington played the lead male in War Horse: He played the lead male in War Horse while he was still at drama school.
- Kit BIRTHDAY: “I always end up getting grumpy and selfish on my birthday,” kit says, and he added “I never get enough attention.”
- Kit name secrets: Catesby, is his mother’s maiden name and he almost chose to be known professionally as Kit Catesby instead. Harington named after famed playwright Christopher “Kit” Marlowe, who was an inspiration to William Shakespeare.
You May Also Like To Read: Kit Harington, The Star of ‘Game Of Thrones’ Joins The Marvel Cinematic Universe
- First audition with a black eye: he turned up to that first audition with a black eye after fighting in a McDonald’s the night before.”I had a black eye as I’d been in a scrap. But I think it might have helped. You know, ‘Who’s the kid with the black eye?’ I was entirely new for them, but I looked the part – still had the black eye.” he claims.
- About hair: He remembers: “I always had short hair before I did this, and then they went ‘Could you grow your hair and a beard?’ And I went, ‘Well, I’ve never grown my hair, and I’m practically pre-pubescent in the facial-hair stakes, but I’ll give it a go!”. But now he is contractually obliged to keep his hair long the entire time.
- Kit fear for Spiders: He told that he is not suitable for spiders.
- Afraid of video games: “I’m not good at playing those things. I used to get terrified of Doom, and when I played this, I was pretty terrified of it. I’m a bit of a wimp when it comes to computer games.”
- Only 5’8″: Harington is a force to be reckoned with on Game of Thrones, the actor is only 5’8″.
- Kit anti-social media: “I’m not a tweeter, I’m afraid. I have to talk about myself enough in publicity and stuff that I don’t want to do it in my free time as well. Tweet about things, no, no thanks. It’s not for me, I’m afraid.” he reveals.
- Kit Harington Loyalty: Kit’s distant ancestor his great, great, great-plus grandfather John Harington was both a royal poet and the inventor of the royal flush.
- Real name: Christopher Catesby Harington known professionally as Kit Harington.